Western Economic Diversification Canada
We are evolving
Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD) is becoming two new agencies to better grow the western Canadian economy.
- In British Columbia, we are now Pacific Economic Development Canada (PacifiCan)
- In Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba, we are now Prairies Economic Development Canada (PrairiesCan)
For more than 30 years, WD has been working to diversify the western economy while improving the quality of life of western Canadians. We aim to be a leader in building a strong, competitive West by focusing on business development, innovation and community development.
Services and information
Business support for entrepreneurs
More than 100 offices across the west offering services and resources to new and existing Western Canadian entrepreneurs.
Innovation funding and support
Programs and resources for enterprises looking to start, grow, and expand through innovation.
Funding for not-for-profits
Programs and resources for non-profit organizations looking to strengthen the economy of Western Canada.
Supporting your communities
Support for communities to advance their economies, as well as adjust to economic changes and challenges.
Economic overview and opportunities
Data and information to connect you with business and research opportunities.
The Western Canada Growth Strategy leverages partnerships to grow the economy and create quality jobs.
What we are doing
- Departmental Results Report 2020-2021
- Privacy Act – Annual Report to Parliament 2020-2021
- Access to Information Act – Annual Report to Parliament 2020-2021
- Departmental Plan 2021-2022
Laws and regulations
- Date modified: