Towards a Western Canada Growth Strategy
The world is changing. In an era of intense global competition, western Canadians must build on past achievements, address challenges head on, and seize new economic opportunities. The Western Canada Growth Strategy is a call to action. Based on what we heard from you, it calls for partnerships, where all western Canadians work together to position the West for success over the next ten years and beyond. Answering this call will ensure that our unique economy continues to grow and flourish - where everybody participates and everybody benefits.
Priorities for growth
Pillars for Growth
Engaging with western Canadians
We asked western Canadians what they wanted their economy to look like. Here are five questions we asked:
- What does a stronger western Canadian economy look like 10 years from now?
- What are the best ways to spur new growth in western Canada?
- What will help the Indigenous economy continue to grow?
- How can we improve economic participation in the west of underrepresented groups, including women, youth and new immigrants?
- How can governments, industry and western Canadians work together to grow the regional economy?
What we heard
Western Canadians told us what they wanted their economy to look like:
- leading edge
- Date modified: