Subscribe for news updates
Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD) offers two easy ways to keep current on the latest news and information. Subscribe to our RSS News feeds or follow us on Twitter.
Stay in touch by subscribing to our RSS news feeds
All News Releases or province only: Alberta news releases | British Columbia news releases | Manitoba news releases | Saskatchewan news releases
All Speeches or province only: Alberta speeches | British Columbia speeches | Manitoba speeches | Saskatchewan speeches
All Media Advisories or province only: Alberta media advisories | British Columbia media advisories | Manitoba media advisories | Saskatchewan media advisories
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow WD’s Twitter account for current information regarding our events and announcements and special initiatives. Our accounts are @WD_Canada (English) and @DEO_Canada (French).
Help with RSS News Feeds?
What are RSS News Feeds?
Really Simple Syndication (RSS) is a popular means of receiving news and information of interest to you. New items posted on the website are broadcasted to subscribers with a summary of the article through the RSS Feed. If after reading a summary you want to view the full article, simply click on the link to access the full document.
What are the benefits of using RSS?
- Select the news you want. RSS allows you to subscribe to news, blogs and other frequently updated Web content and view the collected articles in an RSS feed reader at your convenience.
- Determine when you get news. Customize your feed reader to go and fetch the news every five minutes, or every hour - depending on when you want it.
- Unclutter your email inbox. Some people prefer to receive news and information in their feed reader rather than their email account.
How do I subscribe to RSS Feeds?
First you will need an RSS feed reader, or news aggregator, to view the feed on your computer. There are numerous RSS readers available for free download or for purchase on the Internet. Once you have an RSS reader installed you simply click the icon and choose the reader from the available list or follow the instructions below to paste it into your reader.
How do I add WD’s RSS feed to my news reader?
- Click on the RSS news item you wish to add to your news feed reader.
- Copy the full Web page address (http://) for that feed.
- Open your feed reader.
- Paste the Web page address into your RSS feed reader.
Detailed instructions on how to add news feeds are included in the news reader that you choose. When new updates are published to the WD website, your RSS reader will let you know through a small pop-up window or other alert device. If you close your RSS reader, you will not be advised of updates until the next time you open it. Unlike email subscriptions, you are not required to provide personal information or an email address to benefit from receiving information from the WD website.